Initiator, along with Mihai Florea (University of Bristol Duignan Bursary-funded researcher) of Nu Nu Platform: a research-through-practice theatre platform.
As a child, I used to play in the mirror or in the fields, in the countryside and imagine that I was a soprano. That felt so good… even though I did not have a voice! The fascinating thing was that if I believed enough in my game, it would transport me in a world, which I ruled: a world… in which everything was as I wanted it to be. When I grew up I went to university to become a professional actress. I believe theatre is one of the very few places where my world, my understanding of it, my way of seeing it can make me believe that I have a purpose in life. I dreamed of theatre and I still do. I dream of a future in which theatre makes me feel that I really exist…
DIRECTOR AND ASSISTANT DIRECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Modern Art Oxford – ‘’ Mummy – A’’ Director/Performer
- Richard Hamilton Building – ‘’Egg Hamlet 2’’ – Director/Performer
- Frilagret Gothenburg‘’ Lord Boris’’- Director/Actor
- Arena Space, Richard Hamilton Building Oxford – ‘‘Bandit’’ – Director
- The Vestibules/Bristol – Pomana Hamlet – Director/Performer
- Frilagret, Gothenburg and Wickham Theatre, Bristol – BANDIT by Mihai Florea – Director/Scenography
- ArnolfiniBristol – egg-Hamlet – adaptation after Hamlet, by W. Shakespeare – Actor/Director
- Theatre 2 Space/Wickham Theatre, Bristol – Billie Killer (adaptation after a folk tale), Director/Scenography/Actor – project funded by Arts Council Englandand University of BristolAlumni Foundation – 2014
- Wickham Theatre, Bristol – Experiment Ionesco(adaptation after The Chairs, by Eugene Ionesco) – Director/Scenography – 2012
- Wickham Theatre, Bristol – ‘Tis pity she’s a whoreby John Ford – Director/Scenography – 2011
- Teatrul Mic, Bucharest – The Seagull by A.P. Chekhov – Assistant Director, Set and Costume Designer – 2008
- L’Lantiol Theatre, Barcelona – Commedia dell’Arte(improvised physical theatre) – Assistant Director – 2007
FESTIVAL PRESENCE AND TOURS
- High Fest International Performing Arts Festival 2018 Yerevan, Armenia – Bandit
- Gothenburg Fringe Festival 2017 – ‘’ Lord Boris’’
- Elastic Festival Oxford – ‘’ Bandit’’
- Gothenburg Theatre Festival 2016 – BANDIT by Mihai Florea – The Gothenburg Fringe Festival – Punch in the Face Award
- Lapsody Festival, Helsinki – Billie Killer, by Mihai Florea – the role of Goat
- Accidental Festival– The Roundhouse, London with Experiment Ionesco
Inside Artswith Experiment Ionesco, directed by Ileana Gherghina.
- September – Stroud Theatre Festivalwith Experiment Ionesco, directed by: Ileana Gherghina.
- International Theatre Festival Craiova Romania, with Twelfth Nightproject (adaptation of W. Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night), directed by Prof Adrian Pintea.
- Fringe Sibiu International Theatre Festival – Sibiu, Romania, with The Rough Menby Carlo Goldoni, directed by Prof. Adrian Pintea.
- Sighisoara Medieval Art Festival – Sighisoara, Romania – with The Rough Menby Carlo Goldoni, directed by Prof Adrian Pintea.
- Arad Classical Theatre Festival– Arad, Romania – with The Rough Men, by Carlo Goldoni, directed by Prof Adrian Pintea.
- Arnolfini, Bristol-Billie Killer, by Mihai Florea- the role of Goat
- Sir Robert Martin Theatre,Loughborough – Billie Killer by Mihai Florea – the role of Goat
- Bierkeller, Bristol – Billie Killer,by Mihai Florea – the role of Goat
- The Rag Factory, London – Billie Killer, by Mihai Florea – the role of Goat
- Wickham Theatre, Bristol – Billie Killer, by Mihai Florea – the role of Goat
- Wickham Theatre, Bristol – Experiment Ionesco, by Eugen Ionesco – the role Old Woman
- Bristol Old Vic/Theatre Uncut – Church forced to put up gates after font is used as wash basin by migrants – by Mark Thomas, – the role of Female 2
- Nottara Theatre, Bucharest – The Rough Menby Carlo Goldoni, directed by Professor Adrian Pintea – the role of Lucietta
- Cassandra Studio Theatre, Bucharest – Don Juanby Odon von Horvarth, directed by Peter Kerek – the role of Magda
- NA.T.C. ‘I.L.Cargiale‘, Bucharest – TwelfthNight (adaption of W.Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night), directed by Prof Adrian Pintea – the role of Mary
Tour with the production The Rough Men @
- The National Theatre Belgrade, Serbia
- The National Theatre Sterija Popovic, Vrsac, Serbia.
- The State Theatre, Arad, Romania
- The Student’s Theatre Studio, Cluj, Romania
- Loughborough University, UK – Workshop with drama students using the ”childlike” approach in theatre making.
- Helsinki Art University – Finland – Workshop called ”The Chairs”
- Bristol University, UK – Workshop for Postgraduate Symposium
University of Bristol, Bristol, UK 2010 – 2012
MA in Performance Research – Merit
My research was focused on Directing, with an emphasis on defining my own creative technique, which I call the ‘childlike approach. Other courses I undertook were devising, alongside a scenography course and live art. I have also had a placement with the Arnolfini Contemporary Arts Centre in Bristol, where I participated in rehearsals and talks.
National University of Theatre and Film, I.L. Caragiale, Bucharest, Romania 2000 – 2004
BA in Acting for Stage and Screen – First Class Honours